Corneliano d'Alba, in the heart of the Roero
Palazzo Sismonda is located in the main square of Corneliano d’Alba, a small town in the province of Cuneo with just over 2000 inhabitants, which extends over the Roero hills at 204 m above sea level in the valley of the Riddone stream.
Our property is located in Piazza Cottolengo 57, a convenient location for reaching any type of service in the city: shops, bars, restaurants, pharmacy, bus stops (line 108).
Corneliano d’Alba is a historic municipality that is situated on the route of the ancient Roman road that connected Alba to Turin, and today is located right in the center of the territory of the “Comunità Collinare del Roero” Consortium, which includes twenty-two municipalities in the area.
It is located just 6 kilometers from the city of Alba and from the famous Langhe area; in the immediate vicinity there are also the pretty municipalities of Guarene, Montaldo Roero, Vezza d’Alba, Baldissero d’Alba, Grinzane Cavour and Pollenzo (seat of the prestigious University of Gastronomic Sciences).
DISCOVER CORNELIANO D’ALBA WITH US: OUR SERVICES
- Location for events: at Palazzo Sismonda we host private events of all kinds, from weddings to graduation parties, from baptisms to business meetings, from private dinners to birthday parties. Our property in Corneliano will be the exclusive setting for your event, which can be held in the internal halls and / or in the garden. Capacity: 25-100 people.
- Catering service for private events in the heart of Roero.
- Organization of lunches and dinners with professional Chefs who will cook just for you.
- Food and wine and cultural tours: visits to local wineries and wine producers, tours of selected castles and fortresses, bike rides on the hills of the Langhe.
Langhe and Roero: discover the Piedmontese food and wine culture
Palazzo Sismonda is a privileged location for visiting the lands of Roero and Langhe, renowned destinations above all for food and wine tourism and for the numerous ancient villages, castles and historic buildings that dot the Piedmont hills.
Between the two rivers Tanaro and Bormida, the Langhe area has two faces: the first one is characterized by the soft hills intensely cultivated with vines (Bassa Langa), the second one is characterized by the valleys and small fortified villages on top of the hills (Alta Langa).
The Roero instead rises on the left side of the Tanaro river, and takes its name from the ancient family that ruled the small fiefdom for centuries. These are lands disputed for a long time and divided into many small fiefdoms always fighting each other, and this explains the presence of numerous castles and fortifications.
The Langhe and Roero are places rich in historical testimonies, but they are also the heart of the food and wine culture of Piedmont, as well as a unique territory for agri-food production known and envied all over the world. Among the hills of Langhe and Roero, in addition to producing excellent wines, there are the prized white truffles, to which a national fair in Alba is dedicated every year.
DISCOVER THE LANGHE AND ROERO WITH US: OUR SERVICES
- Wine: visit to the Cordero di Montezemolo wine cellar and tasting at the Municipality of La Morra, plus picnic lunch among the vineyards.
- Truffles: truffle hunting followed by a dinner based on truffles (black or white depending on the season).
- Cheese: visit to the historic Giolito cheese refiners shop with tasting in the Municipality of Bra (CN).
Cooking class at Palazzo Sismonda: cooking lesson followed by tasting of the dishes.
Participants will have the opportunity to make traditional Piedmontese dishes with their own hands.
- Piedmontese dinner with a private Chef at home: we offer an exclusive dinner cooked directly at your home by a Chef expert in Piedmontese cuisine.
Travel between the municipalities and the surrounding castles
Alba is one of the most important municipalities of the Langhe, founded by ancient Ligurian populations. A town with a strong food and wine vocation, it is known throughout the world as the city of truffles, wine and other culinary delights.
Barolo is also enchanting, the town that embodies the essence of one of the noblest Piedmontese wines, Barolo. Nestled in the hills, the village that once belonged to Gonzaga and Savoia is dominated by the Falletti castle which houses the municipal wine shop and the Museum of Rural Life, which collects ancient objects and tools of the trade.
Founded in 1243, Cherasco is one of the oldest towns in the Langhe, also famous for its chocolates. The streets of the historic center are framed by royal baroque and neoclassical palaces.
Not to be missed in the village of Grinzane Cavour, where Camillo Benso Count of Cavour also lived, the sumptuous Castle, one of the oldest in the area. Majestic brick building, built in the thirteenth century and renovated in the seventeenth century, today houses the regional wine cellar and a wine museum.
Bra, on the other hand, is the most important town in Roero, an area of great wines, meats and cheeses, soft hills and excellent cuisine. The medieval name of Bra, Brayda, means “cultivated land” and seems to testify that the agricultural vocation of the Roero has very ancient roots.
DISCOVER WITH US THE VILLAGES OF THE LANGHE: OUR SERVICES
- Cycling on the hills of the Langhe with a visit to a wine cellar and picnic in the vineyards.
- Guided tour of selected castles and fortresses.
The Roero between nature and history
Roero is an essential destination not only for food and wine enthusiasts. Here you can decide to spend a naturalistic holiday, perhaps along the paths of the ‘Rocche’ (deep chasms in the hills that can reach gradients of hundreds of meters) or travel to discover fascinating ancient villages – such as Guarene, famous for the imposing Castle that stands out in the center of the town, or Govone, where the royal castle of Carlo Felice of the House of Savoy stands. Each village of this area has its own peculiarity and some historical gem to be revealed!
Leaving the wine-growing Roero, but without leaving the region, we find the Municipality of Bra, famous not only for the unique goodness of its exceptional raw Fassona sausage, but also because it is the homeland and seat of the Slow Food Association which protects local food products. For strictly food and wine tourism, you cannot miss a stop at the Regional Enoteca, in the center of the Municipality of Canale, a showcase of local producers always open for tastings and purchases, and home to a Michelin Star restaurant.
For further information, consult the following websites: ecomuseodellerocche.it – enotecadelroero.it
DISCOVER WITH US THE ROERO TO TASTE: OUR SERVICES
- Cheese tasting: visit to the historic Giolito cheese refiners shop with tasting in the Municipality of Bra (CN).
- Cooking class at Palazzo Sismonda: cooking lesson followed by tasting of the dishes. Participants will have the opportunity to make traditional Piedmontese dishes with their own hands.
- Piedmontese dinner with Chef at home: we offer you an exclusive dinner cooked directly at your home by a Chef expert in Piedmontese cuisine.
BOOK YOUR TAILOR-MADE EVENT!
The palace is the exclusive setting for organizing your tailor-made event. the event can be held in the halls and the garden. receptions with catering services (private dinners, meetings, birthdays, graduations, baptisms, tastings of the best wineries of roero and langhe). capacity: 25-100 people